22 January 2015

Peas and Baby Portabellas


For a while I was absolutely obsessed with baby portabella mushrooms (which I found out are also called cremini mushrooms, and that opened a WORLD of recipes to me). They were on sale almost every week, and I couldn't get enough of them. During that period, I ran across this recipe and it sounded like a neat way to eat them but also get some colour and texture variety onto our plates.

As you've probably guessed, this isn't my recipe. It was posted by LindasBusyKitchen at Recipezazz.com.



Incredibly simple ingredients! Baby bellas, of course, along with frozen peas, pimiento, butter, and seasoned salt. I used half zesty seasoned salt blend I picked up at the dollar store and half no-salt seasoning blend, and it was a bit salty for our taste. I also added about 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to 1 tablespoon of butter to make the garlic butter. 



First step is to melt the butter in a large skillet, then slice and add the mushrooms to it. Saute them for a few minutes until they start to soften, then add everything else.



This picture was taken immediately after I stirred everything together, but before I covered the skillet and let it cook further. I love the colour combination of this dish!



I ended up sauteeing for a couple of minutes longer after I uncovered the pan because there was so very much liquid in the bottom. Had I realized, I probably would have only covered the pan for about 5 minutes, then continued cooking with it uncovered for the remainder.



This was definitely an interesting way to serve peas and baby bellas! I'll probably do some minor tweaking next time to better suit what we like, but the basic recipe is still a winner.



Judy's Peas and Baby Portabellas
Serves 6

1 tablespoon butter (garlic butter, garlic powder added to butter and mixed well)
1 package (8 ounce) baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 bag (16 ounce) frozen green peas
2 tablespoons pimentos, diced
1 teaspoon seasoned salt


Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Calories 61.3
Total Fat - 2.2 g
Saturated Fat - 1.3 g
Cholesterol - 5.1 mg
Sodium - 824.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate - 8 g
Dietary Fiber - 3 g
Sugars - 3 g
Protein - 2.5 g

As always, I'm mentioning again here at the end that this isn't one of my original recipes, it was posted by LindasBusyKitchen at Recipezazz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment