03 April 2015

Pork Diane


Let me start by saying this is not an original recipe of mine, not by a long shot. For starters, I'd have never called it Pork Diane, because I don't even know what that means. This is one my grandmother had written inside the cover of one of her cookbooks, and I have no earthly idea where it came from. I do know that I did a quick search, and virtually every recipe on the first page of results is almost identical to mine.

So, that said... Let's check it out, shall we?




I love simple ingredients! Boneless pork loin chops, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, fresh flat-leaf parsley, and my new twist on this, Olde Thompson orange-lemon pepper instead of just regular lemon-pepper seasoning. The butter is for frying.

You'll notice I have two pork chops in this picture, but the recipe is for four. That's because what I bought last time were those ridiculously thick chops (they're almost 2 inches thick). So after I trimmed the fat I cut them in half to make four chops out of them. It's plenty enough food.


I figured I'd combine a picture here, since neither step really requires much in the way of explanation. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside, and sprinkle lemon-pepper seasoning on both sides of each chop. See how nicely they came out split in two? I do that a lot with those.


Melt the butter over medium-high heat, then add the chops and cook them until they're just barely pink in the center and nicely browned, flipping once while cooking. It should take about 10 minutes, but I wasn't really timing it since I was also making other things.


When the chops are done, remove them to a platter and pour the sauce into the pan to heat. I let it simmer about 3 minutes, then poured the juices from the platter into the pan and simmered another minute or so.


From there, just spoon or pour the sauce over the chops, then sprinkle with parsley. I've also done it with fresh chives instead, and it's equally good.

I love an easy, quick, and tasty dinner, especially when it's one that looks like you spent way more effort on it than you actually did. I think that's why my grandma kept it, too.

Pork Diane
Serves 4

Sauce:
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

4 boneless pork loin chops, about 3/4 inch thick
1/2 teaspoon orange-lemon-pepper seasoning blend (I use Olde Thompson grinder)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, minced

Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl until well-mixed and set aside.
Sprinkle orange-lemon-pepper seasoning on both sides of chops.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chops and cook until barely pink in the center and starting to brown, about 10-12 minutes, turning once.
Remove chops to a platter.
Pour sauce into pan and simmer 2-3 minutes, then pour accumulated juices from the platter into pan and simmer another minute or so.
Pour sauce over chops and sprinkle with parsley.

Serving Size: 128g
Calories: 194
Calories from Fat: 62
Total Fat: 6.9g
Saturated Fat: 3.2g
Trans Fat: 0.0g
Cholesterol: 90mg
Sodium: 174mg
Total Carbohydrates: 0.9g
Sugars: 0.8g
Protein: 29.8g

No comments:

Post a Comment